By practicing mindfulness, your travel experiences will take you through new levels of discovery and allow you to be welcomed warmly.
Though travel can be short, we should always aspire to learn as much as we can about the cultures we temporarily adopt. Letting go of prior conceptions of another country, culture or group of people can open your mind to new experiences.
Here are five travel quotes to inspire a mindful journey with important notes on tolerance, acceptance and learning to let go of all prejudice.
1. “Travel makes one modest, you see what a tiny place you occupy in the world.”- Gustave Flaubert
2. “Perhaps travel cannot prevent bigotry, but by demonstrating that people cry, laugh, eat, worry, and die, it can introduce the idea that if we try and understand each other we may even become friends.”-Maya Angelou
3. “There are no foreign lands. It is the traveler only who is foreign.”-Robert Louis Stevenson
4. “To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries.”-Aldous Huxley
5. “If you wish to travel far and fast, travel light. Take off all your envies, jealousies, unforgiveness, selfishness and fears.”-Cesare Pavese
We hope that by sharing your home, you can take part in changing someone’s concept of travel, eliminate your prior judgements, and contribute to a culture of togetherness.
Join GuestToGuest on their journey of spreading friendship, trust and hospitality through home exchange and perhaps find your next adventure!
Member of the Marketing team at GuesttoGuest, International Affairs student from Boston via Chicago. In love with food, always traveling and staying active.