A family home: convenient, comfy, and designed for the whole family
We live in a dead end, in a quiet village located only 2 kms from Haguenau and less than 30 minutes from Strasbourg.
At the end of the path, fields out of sight ...
In our village you will find a bakery, a tobacconist - grocery store, a pharmacy ... and a 5 minute drive, a large shopping center (CORA) with many shops around.
Our village is an ideal starting point for visiting Alsace, the Vosges Mountain which are not far away but also Germany (regions of Baden-Württemberg and Rhineland-Palatinate).
You can also push your discoveries to Luxembourg, Belgium or even to Switzerland.
You can visit many historical site, discover castles filled with legends and contemplate symbolic architectures in Alsace.
For the more sporting and adventurous people, our region is full of sporting activities and wonderful hikes.
And in the evening, after your busy days, you will find the calm, serenity and comfort of our house.
Some ideas of discoveries in the region:
- Haguenau, gateway to Northern Alsace, a pretty little town
- Strasbourg, the Cathedral of Notre-Dame, the Petite France district (very touristic), the Ponts-Couverts, the European Parliament, the Rohan Palace and the Orangery Park. ..
- The Alsace wine route, discovering a natural heritage
- many castles (Haut-Koenigsbourg, Hohlandsbourg, Haut-Barr, the ruins of Fleckenstein…)
- the Maginot line, the forts, the Alsace-Lorraine memorial or the concentration camp
- Mount Sainte-Odile and Hohenbourg Abbey
- Traditional and typical villages such as Seebach, Hunspach, Cleebourg, Kaysersberg and Eguisheim (elected most beautiful village of france in 2013)
- Colmar and the romanticism of little Venice
- Monkey Mountain, Eagle Flying
- Germany is only 10 minutes away with beautiful walks in the mountains of the Black Forest (+ skiing and winter sports. First ski station are 45 minutes from the house),. .. German cities such as Baden-Baden, Karlsruhe, Heidelberg ..., spend some time in the famous amusement park "Europa Park", ... or just relax in one of the many thermal baths of the region ...
- the mountains of the Vosges
- and many other tourist sites such as: Struthof concentration camp, Saint-Louis Arzwiller inclined plane, Mutzig fort, Sainte Marie-aux Mines, Lalique museum, North Vosges...
Do not leave without having tasted the Alsatian gastronomy with its famous sauerkraut, flammekueche tarts, baeckehoffe…
In short, your holidays will be rich in discoveries !!!
Paris, capital of France, is only 1H40 by TGV, Germany only 10 minutes, Switzerland, Luxembourg and Belgium at 1h30 ...
To organize a home exchange, you need to be a member