What you will love about this home
#### PLEASE READ #####
Every week I receive 30+ exchange offers, I do my best to reply to all the messages but sometimes I can't, sorry.
I'v 2 villas with pool in the same area of Tuscany both are second homes (I live in another home in the same area).
When I travel by myself I'm happy to accept Hospitality Exchange offer
LA SELVA (the photos on the listing show this villa)
- From 01st November to 31st March is available for exchange
- From 01st April to 31st October is only available for rental (no exchange)
Swimming Pool: private 6 x 12 mt
Nearest village: Montegonzi (1,5 km)
Property features/services: Wi-Fi, Satellite TV, DVD player, Stereo, Washing machine, Dishwasher, Fireplace, Heating, 2 wood pizza ovens,
barbecue, 2 fully equipped kitchens, screen on windows, piano, big garden with amphitheater
- Always available for exchange
Swimming pool: 9,5 x 4,5 mt - 31 x 15 feet
Nearest town: Montevarchi (1 Km - 0,6 miles)
Internet: Wireless ADSL
Property features/services: Near Town, near restaurants, big garden with free organic products, satellite TV, DVD player, washing machine, screen on windows, private parking
Surrounded by centuries-old oaks, olive groves and meadows, the large 17th century stone farmhouse lies nestled in the Chianti hills near Florence and Siena in a vast garden with salt water pool, contemporary arts, pizza oven and a stone amphitheater
The villa was built more than 300 years ago; the restoration has kept the spirit of the house, respecting the original architecture with use of hand-made special materials following the green-architecture parameters.
The villa is in the middle of a 13-hectare (32 acres) natural botanical garden with olive trees, meadows, forest of ancient oaks trees, a stone amphitheatre with modern art sculptures and a private salt water swimming pool.
La Selva is the perfect place to discover Tuscany for a family reunion, a gathering of friends, a wedding or a meeting.
The rooms are spacious, furnished with antiques, yet offering every modern convenience. Giardino del Belvedere is a house for all seasons. The old stone walls keep it cool in the summer sun, while great open fireplaces offer warmth and comfort during cooler months.
Extensive natural garden stretch out towards the mountains on the horizon, with inviting pathways which meander through meadows of wild flowers. The house itself reflects the total peace and tranquility of its surroundings.
The salt water swimming pool, an oak solarium, and lounge chairs and umbrellas sit adjacent to the villa.
We love the fact that the villa and garden function in perfect harmony.
It is a pleasure to welcome guests who love nature as much as we do, and it gives us enormous satisfaction to share in their joy.
GROUND FLOOR: (2 large bedrooms, 2 bathrooms)
- Lunch al fresco (2 outdoor dining areas)
- Spacious living and dining room with LCD TV, Satellite, DVD/DIVX player, Wireless High speed Internet, telephone and large open fireplace
- Music room with stereo, CD player, MP3, iPod docking station, piano. The room has a direct access to the Swimming Pool overlooking the Arno Valley
- 2nd living area with TV and fireplace
- 1 kitchen fully equipped with fridge-freezer, large stove\oven, dishwasher and wood fired-pizza oven
- 1 kitchen well furnished with fridge-freezer, large stove\oven and dishwasher
- 1 bedroom with queen bed
- 1 bedroom with queen bed and extra bed
- 1 bathroom with tub
- 1 bathroom
Separate laundry room with 2 washing machines (in the same building)
FIRST FLOOR: (5 large bedrooms, 4 bathrooms)
- Lounge room with 3 arched windows over looking the grounds
- 1 bedroom with queen bed and en-suite bathroom with tub
- 1 bedroom with queen bed and en-suite bathroom with tub
- 1 twin bedded room (beds can be joined upon request) and en-suite bathroom with shower
- 1 bedroom with queen bed and an extra single bed (on request) w/shared bathroom with shower
- 1 twin bedded room with shared bathroom with shower
What you will love in the neighborhood
La Selva is located in Tuscany on the Chianti hills within a 30 kms (20 miles) radius of Siena, Firenze and Arezzo.
-0.6 km (0.4 miles) from the main road
-1 Km (0.6 miles) or 5 min. by car there is Montegonzi, a nice small village dating back to 1191 A.D., here you will discover a lovely church, a good restaurant (Osteria di Montegonzi) with a magnificent terrace overlooking the Chianti area, a food shop with cafè and a post office.
-1 km (0.6 miles) from Borgo di Fontebussi, an historic Tuscan village turned resort with hotel, apartments and a top chef restaurant open for lunch and dinner.
-3 km (1.8 miles) from horseback riding center
-6 km (3.7 miles) from Montevarchi: the main town of the Arno Valley with a regular train service to Florence (52 direct trains a day), Rome (8 direct trains a day) and the main Italian cities. The area has a large shopping center COOP FI, fashion factory shops (Prada, MiuMiu, Church) restaurants, tennis courts, pharmacy, hospital, indoor-outdoor swimming pool. (A car is needed to explore the area or I can arrange a driver for you)
- 10 km (6.2 miles) from the major highway of Italy A1 (Valdarno EXIT)
- 40 km (25 miles) to Arezzo (30 min. by train)
- 40 Km (25 miles) to Siena
- 50 Km (30 miles) to Firenze (40 min. by train)
There are many activities to do in the area; including 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites
- Florence (one or two full day)
- Siena (full day)
- Cortona with wine tasting (full day)
- Chianti area with wine tasting (full day)
- Pisa and Lucca (full day)
- San Gimignano and Monteriggioni (full day)
- Montalcino and Pienza with Brunello wine tasting (full day)
- Assisi and Perugia (full day)
- Fashion shopping outlets (Prada, Gucci, Ferragamo, Armani and all the main Italian fashion brands have factories in the area and shopping outlet with 50% discount)
Closest airports (Airport code) :
- Florence airport (FLR) 70 km / 43 miles
- Perugia (PGA) 120 km / 74 miles (very small airport)
- Pisa Airport (PSA) 130 km / 80 miles (Delta operate a direct flight from JFK)
- Bologna (BLQ) 160 km / 100 miles
- Rome Fiumicino (FCO) 260 Km / 160 miles (many direct flight from USA)
- Venice (VCE) 310 Km / 192 miles (Delta operate a direct flight from JFK, Atlanta and Philadelphia)
- Milan (MXP) 410 Km / 254 miles (many direct flight from USA)
From the airports is easy to reach the villa by train or rental car.
The villa is only 6 km / 3.7 miles from Montevarchi train station and 10 km / 6 miles from A1 Valdarno exit (main highway of Italy)
• Wireless High speed Internet (free)
• Private salt-water swimming pool open from 04 May to 02 November
• Linens for bed, bath and table
• Pool towels
• Weekly change of linens
• Final Cleaning
• 1 GPS car navigation system TOMTOM (with useful point of interest)
• 2 Washing machines
• 2 Dishwasher machines
• 2 Fully equipped kitchens
• American Coffee Machine, Toaster, 2 large Oven
• 2 refrigerators with freezer
• 2 wood pizza oven (1 in the villa, 1 in the garden)
• Phone line
• Water (excellent from our well)
• LCD TV
• DVD/DIVX player
• Full stereo, tape, CD player, speakers for iPod
• Satellite television in multiple languages
• Gas for kitchen use
• Iron, Ironing board
• 3 Hair dryer
• Screen on windows
• Municipality tourist tax
• Floor fans in each bedroom (available on request at no charge)
• Baby beds and highchairs (available on request at no charge)
I own two villas in Tuscany (both are 2nd home)
La Selva is available for swap only in the period from November to March.
La Colombaia is always available for swap.
Floor plans: http://www.chianti-farm.com/info/floorplans/
Photo gallery: http://www.chianti-farm.com/info/gallery
Guest book: http://www.chianti-farm.com/info/guestbook
Useful Info: http://www.chianti-farm.com/info/general/
Guest reviews: http://www.vrbo.com/199293#reviews