This home is
A small paradise: removed from the world, it’s a place to simply be happy
What your guests will love about your home
relax and read, eat, swim, surf, hike or snorkel while staying at our cute and cozy beach house. Only a 15 minute drive from town, the house is literally seconds from a semi-secluded beach surrounded by beautiful mountains and forests!
What your guests will love about your neighborhood
The wild life: from monkeys (that stay in the trees) and turtles to sloths and hundreds of birds
Nearly alone in paradise: you will be located in the middle of the forest, right next to various semi-secluded beaches (20 seconds away from the house)
Easy access to town in a vehicle (various options from private to public transport) but far enough to avoid civilization if needed
Relax and read, eat, swim, surf, hike or snorkel while staying at our cute and cozy beach house. Only a 15 minute drive from town, the house is literally seconds from a semi-secluded beach surrounded by beautiful mountains and forests!
LOCATED BETWEEN MAJAGUAL AND MADERAS BEACHES, ABOUT A 20-MINUTE DIRT ROAD JUNGLE CAR DRIVE NORTH FROM THE POPULAR TOURIST BEACH TOWN OF SAN JUAN DEL SUR.
My house is located literally a 30 second walk away from a beautiful beachfront. There are plenty of other small semi-secluded beaches in walking distance.
THE HOUSE INCLUDES:
- THREE ROOMS, each with a full-sized bed (each room has an extra single bed in the room if needed).
- Each room also has a ceiling fan in addition to moveable floor fans (no air-con)
- TWO LOFTS (semi private rooms) on opposite sides of the house - floor mattresses as needed.
- 2 FULL BATHROOMS, no bathtub
- LARGE COVERED PORCH
- The house is fully furnished with a fully equipped kitchen, numerous board games and interesting books.
- There are several hammocks that can be hung around the porch or even in the front yard, between the trees below the shade.
- There are two large eating tables - one round and the other like a picnic table (both can fit around 6-8 people)
As I mentioned before, the house is on Matilda Beach, near Majagual Beach, and just a 10 minute walk from Madera beach (the main surfing beach).
My beach house is located in a semi-secluded area in a forest setting with other beach homes (not populated or commercialized at all). The surroundings are completely natural, with trees providing cover everywhere for all kinds of tropical life, including endless varieties of birds and the local Howler monkeys.
OUT: There are 2 small restaurants within a 90 second walk and great restaurants within a 15 minute drive (or 15 min walk on the beach south to another beach).
IN: If you want to cook your own food, you need to buy it in San Juan del Sur (the city nearby) before you come to the beach house.
IF YOU ARE STAYING AT THE HOUSE FOR A LONG TIME, THERE ARE FRUIT/VEGETABLE TRUCKS THAT COME BY THE NEIGHBORHOOD EVERY OTHER DAY.
There are many great places to hike, both to other beaches and in the forest for bird and animal watching.
SURFING IS GREAT AND JUST A 10 MINUTE WALK FROM THE HOUSE. SURFING IS GOOD ALL YEAR ROUND!!
- There is a local caretaker that watches over a couple houses in the neighborhood (including mine). They will know when to expect guests at the house.
- It is completely safe around the neighborhood. I just recommend that you do not leave anything of value outside the house when you are not around.
My neighborhood is just paradise. In addition to being calm and relaxing, you can bask in the sounds of wild-life in the area and, in a blink of an eye, you can be practically alone on a beautiful beach.
Although not completely isolated from a couple neighbors, there is enough space between properties to feel at ease and private.
To get to and from the house there are THREE options:
1) Rent a vehicle - preferably 4x4 during the rainy season.
2) Get a cab/taxi from San Juan del Sur ($15 each way depending on the number of people)) or Rivas ($25 each way)
3) Take a shuttle bus ($3-5) from San Juan del Sur to Maderas beach. Then walk 10 minutes northward on the beach until you reach Matilda beach (if you ask anyone around they will point you in the right direction)