What you will love about this home
Waterfront, private pool, kayaks, SUP/surfboards, walk/bike to beach and restaurants
What you will love in the neighborhood
The beach is at the end of the street - perfect for swimming or surfing
Watch dolphins, manatees and an occasional rocket launch as you swim in the backyard pool
Closest beach to Orlando for shopping, Disney, Harry Potter Universal, and NASA
We have a beautiful barrier island waterfront home less than one mile from the beach. We live on the lagoon side of the island and can watch dolphins and manatees from our backyard, not to mention the occasional rocket launch. Cocoa Beach is the closest beach to Orlando, so our location is great for people who want to spend time at the beach and at the Orlando theme parks.
We think our beach town is fantastic, and so does a national expert. When USA Today (national newspaper) called “Dr. Beach,” also known as Florida International University professor and coastal expert Stephen Leatherman, for 10 Florida destinations that combine sand, surf and a welcoming sense of community, Cocoa Beach claimed a spot among his choices. Readers of the National newspaper, USA Today voted Cocoa Beach as the 3rd best beach town in Florida.
From American Airlines magazine:
This coastal Florida town bests the others by being just a hop, skip and a rocket ride away from outer space. http://hub.aa.com
The home was built in 2006 and has high-end design features.
- two master suites, one on the main floor that opens to the lanai and pool, and another upstairs with its own bath and kitchenette
- two additional bedrooms that share a bath, one with a new queen bed and one with bunkbeds
- extra trundle bed, and extra mattress, enough sleeping space for 10
- kitchen with granite counters, convection oven, gas stovetop, and stainless appliances
- game room that has a large air hockey/pool table/ping pong table to ensure family fun.
- large flat-screen HDTV
-Wii gaming system complete with WiiFit and other kid-friendly games
- We love music, so our upstairs loft has many instruments, including a piano, a keyboard, and a drumset.
- We have two children, so we have many family games, family movies, craft items, and thousands of Legos.
To enjoy the outdoors:
-screened in heated pool with waterfall and built in table and benches for lounging, sipping a glass of wine, or eating lunch
- a covered lanai
- an outdoor kitchen with a grill, fridge, and sink
- several bikes, large and small
- a canoe and both a double and single kayak for exploring the group of islands that are in our backyard
- 2 stand up paddleboards (SUP)/ surfboard
- fishing poles and crab traps
- metal detector for finding "treasures" on the beach
- beach equipment, boogie boards, kites, umbrellas